Branch Get Together & Annual Meeting
We are organising a get-together on 25 November to celebrate a successful 2009 and to welcome our new members.
When: Wednesday 25 November at 5pm
Where: Francis Bancroft Building Room 3.28 (building in front of the Library, number 13 on the map).
Programme: Prize ceremony and Branch elections
This event is open to both IEEE members and non-members. We are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday!
- Welcome and summary of activities by Amélie Anglade, QMUL IEEE Student Branch Chair.
- Award ceremony. The QMUL IEEE Student Branch will receive the Exemplary Student Branch of the Region 8 award (presented by Prof. Anthony Davies, former Region 8 Director and member of the IEEE UKRI Section Committee) and prizes for the IEEE Xtreme 24-hour programming competition will be given.
- Candidates presentations and elections of the Student Branch committee
- Results of the elections.
- Discussion on the future activities of the Student Branch while enjoying some pizza and drinks.
Info on the IEEE Student Branch elections:
By the end of the meeting, the QMUL IEEE student members will elect officers for the student branch: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Only active student members may run for the Chair position. The other positions are open for all IEEE student members in QMUL. Please note that only IEEE student members in QMUL have the right to vote in this meeting, so remember to bring your membership card or your membership number.
If you are interested in running for a position, do prepare a 3 minute short speech and a list of proposed programs that you would advocate for the student branch such as technical seminars, socials events and memberships drives. You can send us (email@example.com) the position that you want to run for and list of proposed programs before Tuesday 24th November.
For more details on the responsibilities of the Student Branch committee members and officers have a look at the About Us section.